Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I'm sure I'm a bigger hypocrite than you

Do you have a Jesus fish on your car?  What could be better?  I KNOW... a whole fish family!

I heard a guy say once that if you have an Ichthus on the back of your car you should also have one on the dash to remind yourself of what you're displaying to the world.  I for one would NEVER disgrace God by displaying a fish on my car (I have a million other ways I prefer to do that).  Do you know how many times I screw up every day?  And don't give me that, "We're all human.", "Only Jesus is perfect." crap either because the guy behind you at Chick-Fil-A who is a throw-it-in-your-face Atheist sees your stupid kid throw their straw wrapper out the window and now has ANOTHER reason to hate Christians and even worse, Jesus.


So basically another person is going to Hell because you have that stupid fish on your car.

DEEP BREATH

This is sometimes how my morning goes: 
I'm flying like mad down SPID (because I'm always late for work).  I'm jamming to my Disciple, hard core Jesus music, screaming his praises at the top of my lungs when invariably some jack ass cuts me off!  That's when I've been known to go zipping around him with my middle finger flying high out of the top of the car while never missing a beat.  Yep!  That's me... a very literal example of James 3:9-With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God's likeness. 

But do you know what?  While I may be pissing someone off and being the poorest example of what I should be, I DON'T have a Jesus fish on my car.  In my mind this means that all 212 people I pass every morning only think I'm a bitch and are not blaming God for my horrid behavior.  See why this is better?  It's because we are ALL hypocrites and by we I mostly mean all of you.  I've heard every single Christian out there state this same thing, "We all fall short of the glory of God" to which I say, "No shit!  That's why non-believers hate us.  Duh!"   Let's not give them any MORE reasons!

So the moral of this story is:  Take that Ichthus off the back of your car and put it on your dash or better yet, your bathroom mirror.  You shouldn't be openly walking around displaying your hypocritedness so that all those Christian-haters have something else to blame on Jesus.  

And as for me.....
Biggest hypocrite of all.

No comments: